Saturday 6 January 2007

... for the journey

I have received different blessings at different times, according to my need and as provision for that which may later be asked of me.
At this time I am - as already declared – brim full; I am one of the 'Filled'.
Whoever and whatever we are, we may have been placed in each others’ paths: we each carry the potential for helping the other in our search for, and in our journey towards God.
We may find in each other the reality of God’s provision, and receive strength in accompanying each other as we approach the edge.

For anyone in need of support – perhaps as yet without such friendship and fellowship in a tangible form – why not allow your presence here to bring the encouragement you need.
We may have been brought here for that very reason.

Search for your greatest need, and name it; admit it to yourself, and then name it before God.
Give voice to that need, and place it before Him with a simple and honest cry for help.
Approach the edge of your awareness and belief; dare to offer Him your unbelief.

Let your hesitation be over; join me, as it were, as one of His followers and as one of His friends.
As one of the twelve suggested below, or, if gripped by an awareness of being something other than one of these: - The Forgiven perhaps, or The Sheltered, The Comforted, or The Emptied (as I once was) – whoever you know yourself to be.

The Named.
You have called me by my name. I hear you Lord.
The Touched.
You reached out and touched me . You have redeemed me Lord.
The Grasped.
You have drawn me to you. I know your acceptance of me Lord.
The Held.
You have held me fast. You have claimed me as your own Lord.
The Embraced.
You have enfolded me in safety. You have cleansed me Lord.
The Lifted.
You have raised me up. You have healed me Lord.
The Carried.
You have shouldered my weakness. Guide me always Lord.
The Moulded.
You have shaped me to your will. Steady me always Lord.
The Filled.
You have stilled me and calmed me. I am full to the brim Lord.
The Empowered.
You have wakened me from my sleep. You have enabled me Lord.
The Directed.
You have strengthened me and shown me the way. I shall obey you Lord.
The Sent.
You have commanded and sent me. Do with me what you will Lord.


The Magi – the three wise men – travelled together to the infant Christ.
How unlikely the whole thing must have seemed to human thought: how improbable the outcome of such a seemingly inconsequential birth.
Yet they made their journey from the East, following, not only a star, but an undeniable awareness, and bearing gifts for the Presence that had been born into the world.

Today we celebrate the Epiphany, the showing to the world: the arrival of these travellers at their destination.
They travelled together, towards the very edge of their understanding: towards the very lip of something eternally profound;
- the journey of each an “Amen” to the others.

You are the only one who knows where you are in your relationship with Him.
Your ongoing journey leads to the reality of the person He intends you to be: -
not a type of person, and not an anonymous member of a descriptive group as here contrived …
but you: - the utterly unique and irreplaceable you.

May He reveal Himself to you.
May He reveal Himself to each of us - as, in our turn, we approach the very edge …

About Me

Who I am should be, and should remain, of little consequence to you. Who you are is what matters; who you are meant to be is what should matter most to you. In coming closer to my own true self, I have gradually been filled with the near inexpressible: I have simply become "brim full", and my words to you are drawn from those uttered within myself, as part of an undeniable overflowing that brings a smile to my every dusk, and to my every new dawn.
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.

hit counters
Cox Cable High Speed

St Blogs Parish Directory
CatholicBlogs.com
Religion Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Religion Blogs - Blog Top Sites Bloglisting.net - The internets fastest growing blog directory Religion and Spirituality Blog Directory See blogs and businesses for United Kingdom